Reaching Higher seeks to grow the facilities and infrastructure at Camp Evergreen so we can continue to serve our campers and guests for generations to come.
Find Out How
Camp Evergreen is in an exciting time of growth. We have experienced an almost 60% growth in the last 10 years. We are booked to capacity in the fall and spring with guest groups. At the same time, we face critical facility challenges.
Our kitchen has far exceeded the capacity for which it was intended, not able to keep up with the ever-increasing demand.
Our indoor activity space is no longer sufficient as our capacity to hold rainy day activities for large groups is severely limited.
To continue to fulfill our mission and vision, Camp Evergreen is Reaching Higher with the goal to build a new lodge to better serve our campers and guests for generations to come.
Will you join with us?
Reaching Higher is Camp Evergreen’s Capital Campaign with a goal to raise $8,000,000 for facilities and supporting infrastructure.
Reaching Higher is on the road to success. To date:
- more than $1.8 million has been pledged and received
- two new staff homes have been completed to provide more adequate housing for our on-site staff.
- environmental assessments, development and government approvals have been secured for a new lodge
But we need your help to continue to move forward and reach our goal.
A new lodge will allow Camp Evergreen to Reach Higher and to become one of the premier camping facilities in Southern Alberta as it will:
- facilitate greater capacity to serve our campers and guest groups
- allow for enhanced programming
- enable us to forge new partnerships with other no-profit organizations
- grow our faith-based partnerships and services
- create the capacity to offer facilities and programs to attract Alberta business usage for team building, leadership, development and employee events.
Will you Reach Higher with us?
Follow these links to view our:
Milestones to date:
- Lodge location is finalized
- Lodge plans are now at the 95% mark
- Construction starts Summer 2020
- 3 gifts of $100,000 to date
Reaching Higher Milestone Dates
- 2015 - Phase One of Reaching Higher Campaign launched
- Fall 2016 - Building for new homes begun
- December 2017 - Two staff home completed
- Spring 2019 – Development permit for lodge approved
- Spring 2019 – Building Design completed and $1.8 million raised to date
- Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 – Site preparations continue – septic and well upgrades
- July 2020 – Anticipated Ground Breaking for Main Lodge
- January 2021 - Occupancy
Lodge & Infrastructure
Updated September 24, 2019